The bidt Fellowship Programme is designed to support the institute’s research interests and activities.
Accordingly, we now invite applications from junior and senior researchers for a virtual research fellowship of 1-6 months with our institute to conduct original research that is directly relevant for the aims and research themes of bidt.
Subject to capacity and successful evaluation of applications, other independent research projects may also be supported, so long as they link closely enough with the institute’s main research topics.
Due to current developments in relation to COVID-19, we are not able to host visiting researchers in our premises until at least April 2021 and have decided to offer a virtual version of the fellowship instead. We will aim at inviting visiting fellows to our premises in Munich as soon as the situation permits in 2021.
The call for applications is now closed.
The Fellowship Programme
We offer a range of opportunities for you to engage with the institute’s work (virtually), including:
- Presenting your research in one of our seminars
- Arranging a workshop, event or expert panel in your own research area
- Participating in bidt events (internal and public), including networking with researchers from external research projects we fund
- Contributing to our open access publication series (working papers, policy briefs or studies & analyses) and the bidt blog
- Engaging in joint professional and social activities with other fellows and bidt staff
- Nearing PhD completion and Post Docs (Junior Research Fellow) or Senior Academics and Professors (Senior Research Fellow)
- English language proficiency (essential), command of the German language is welcome
- Research/publication record (essential)
- Experience in relevant subject areas (essential)
- Experience in working within interdisciplinary teams (desirable)
- Short cover letter with rationale for choosing a bidt fellowship and desired duration
- Short research proposal (maximum 3 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Identification of one director at bidt to act as a mentor (Senior Research Fellows only)
- One recommendation letter from your superior or PhD supervisor (Junior Research Fellows only)
Please merge all documents into one pdf file before submission.
No financial support is available for the virtual version of our research fellowship in 2021.
Once in-person visits are possible again, the following applies:
- Fellows are expected to be in residence locally for the duration of their fellowship and are free to use our facilities throughout their stay.
- Whilst funding is normally expected to be provided by home institutions or other sources, all applicants are eligible for financial support towards travel and accommodation.
- In exceptional cases, bidt can also provide suitable financial compensation for visiting fellows in the form of monthly payments.
- Please detail any financial support requirements in your application.